
My mom called me about an hour after he passed and told me the news. Steve came in to see who had called so late (It was about 11pm our time). I was crying and I think I really flipped Steve out because he didn't know why. I was just so sad because I selfishly wanted him to live forever! I think I will always think of him as My prophet. I absolutely loved him. The year I lived in Provo after high school I went to a devotional at BYU and heard him speak. It was packed and I was so high up in the stadium and before it began it was so noisy that I couldn't even hear the guy I was standing next to as he was telling me something. Something happened next that really changed me and bore witness that without a doubt there is a prophet of God that walks on earth and leads and guides our church. I did not hear or see President Hinkley come into the room. I was looking at something behind me. But I felt him enter the room. I almost gasp because the feeling was so strong and I know everyone else felt it too because there was an immediate hush among the thousands there. Tears filled my eyes as I searched to find him. I clung to his every word that night and every time he has spoken since. I love his personality and his love and compassion for all humanity. He will be dearly missed by millions. Was there ever a greater man? Perhaps one or two were his equal:) I'm so happy for his reunion and can only imagine how sweet it must be right now for him. That really brings on a smile!
5 comments:
Thank you, Kelli.
I must be selfish too, because I wanted him to live forever also! They showed a video of President Hinkley at his wife's funeral, and it made me feel better that he is with his sweetheart again.
Thank you for your wonderful words. You have the ability to write how you feel and it makes us feel wonderful also.
Did you get to watch is funeral? It was AMAZING. Such a great man...
Oh yeah, I tagged you on my blog, so you're it.
Love ya!
Great writing, I wish that I could complete sentences...so thank you for writing what I wanted to say. Sad day. Abbie loved him and was a little obsessed. We live on his farm and go to the church he built, so we feel forever linked. I visit teach a lady who visit taught his wife. And there are many stories from many of the older crowd in my ward about the two of them.
Post a Comment