Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Surfer Steve's B-day

I have to brag on Steve a little bit because it's his Birthday!
Here's some of my favorite things about Steve:


He LOVES to play and hang out with his kids...Such a great Dad.

He is so devoted to his family. I love how Steve would rather hang out with our little family than anything else! He is also so good to me. I never have to ask for help because he is always one step ahead...doing dishes, laundry, watching the kids, running errands, whatever needs done. I love that he is always trying to help me out.
I love how Steve can fix just about ANYTHING! Any house issue, car issue, whatever it is broken, he can fix it. I can't tell you how many thousands of dollars he has saved us on car problems alone!
Oh yeah does Steve know how to have a good time! You just have to get him out of his shell, he's a little on the shy side. (This was on a roller coaster! I love Wade's face in front of us) Anyone who knows Steve, knows how much fun it is to watch a funny movie with him. People will put off watching something to wait until Steve is around. He doesn't even care that he is the only one laughing his head off out loud in a movie theater. I LOVE THAT!
I have always loved watching Steve surf. He's pretty DANG GOOD! Of course that's my biased opinion and he will probably be annoyed that I wrote that but it's true. Steve is the natural athlete I wish I was. He's good at just about any sport he tries.
I love that I can count on Steve to always have the priesthood in our home. The kids and I have leaned on that for blessings several times and we know that he is always striving to do what's right! I'm also grateful for how hard he works to provide for our family...OK, many could argue that flying around in a plane and sleeping in hotels two nights a week doesn't sound like hard work, but it is and he makes sacrifices for our family.
I was introduced to him as "Surfer Steve" over 11 years ago and I knew right then that he was a pretty awesome guy!

SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY SURFER STEVE!
I sure love you.

7 comments:

Bill & Tenna Allen said...

Happy Birthday Steve. You are all those things and more. You are also a great son. We love you so much. Thanks for being awesome.

wangie77 said...

Happy birthday Surfer Steve! I'm so glad we all came to Arizona so you and Kelli could meet!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday surfer dude!

Conner said...

Happy Birthday Steve. We miss you guys.

Wenona said...

Happy Birthday Steve! You and Kelli are such a great couple!

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Hey, Happy Birthday Steve. Hope it was a good one. We love you!
B, T, B, and E

Shel said...

Nice job on the cake Kelli! Wow! Happy belated bday to your hubby!! LOVE the surf blog!! FUN FUN FUN!