I have been talking for years about how I couldn't wait until Mettea started school. She is such a strong willed, busy girl and I don't always know how to deal with her. Though I love her to pieces, she has just about driven me insane at times!!! I was so exited that this was the year she was starting pre-K. In GA that is an all day/5 days a week program that the state pays for. Well yesterday was the big day and she was more than ready to go and practically shoved me out the door when I dropped her off. But then came the big shocker...I was overwhelmed with sadness. I cried all the way home and off and on all day. After all, she had been my constant side kick for five years. I hadn't been as exited to shove the boys off to school when they were her age and I didn't even cry with them. As soon as she was home though and up to her regular shenanigans, the sadness instantly evaporated and I couldn't remember for the life of me why I was sad!
Today when I dropped her off, I didn't cry and I might have even done a little dance!

11 comments:
holycowness.. all the cousins are getting sooo big.. i used to think they were so little.. i was wrong! ha ha
i was just thinking about the memory post.. i have a memory for you!! its starts like this
THIS JUST IN LETTACE STAYS GREENER IF IT IS WRAPPED IN A TOWELL.. YUP YOU SAW IT ON THE NEWS HUH!! HA HA
FUNNY FUNNY
I'm so excited for you and Tea...wow, she's going to be the smartest one in there.
I know what you mean...all day is so long. I have been so lost without my First Grader. Her Brothers miss her terribly, it must be the girl bond!
wow how awesome for you the state has such a great program! I think I'll be ready for Allie to go to Kindergarten next year. She is a good kid, but full of it if you know what I mean!
The first day is always the hardest, and then you enjoy it! How does she like her class?
That is too funny! I bet you are going to be enjoying your days with a few less kids. Bella starts pre-school tomorrow. I don't think I'll cry though. It is only 2.5 hours, twice a week in my neighbor's home where our backyards connect to each other. In fact, if they go outside to play, I'll be able to spy on her! She is more than ready to go to school.
Tea looks totally cute and big.
You'll be crying too, once the year is over and they are home for the summer!!
I wonder if I will ever cry when a kid foes to school. Only 3 1/2 years before Britt starts kindergarten!
OH kelli, you are such a bawl baby :) haha Mettea looks so grown up!
Mettea is so darn cute! Wouldn't it be fun if all the cousins would just move here (hint hint) so they could all go to school together?!? Just an idea!! ;)
I would have cried too!! Wow she is so *CUTE*!!!
Post a Comment