I'm so glad to hear my mom is doing better. She had this very random disease called transverse myelitis creep up on her last week. Transverse myelitis is a neurological disorder of the spine caused by inflammation across the spinal chord. My Dad took her to a specialist in SLC when she lost the feeling in her legs and could no longer stand. They gave her a lot of steroids and her legs are feeling much better. She was in the hospital for about 4 days. After a couple of days she gained enough feeling to be able to use a walker and she has since upgraded to a cane which she will probably need for the next six weeks. I told my sister Andy to add a little BLING to it and glitz it up!!!! (I stole this awesome pic from her blog)

The family had a fast on Sunday and I've been thinking about her and praying for my Mom all week. She is one of the most influential people in my life and has just been a rock for me. I'm so glad she is doing better. There is like a one in a million chance to get this disease so I'm thinking with those odds, she should be playing the lottery!
LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!
5 comments:
That is the saddest thing ever! We will keep her in our prayers! And she can just buy my tickets for me, that way she will still be the saint she is! :P
Go Aunt Marsha to recovery! Is she still in the hospital? My parents are coming up this weekend for the BYU game and wanted to visit her if she was still in the hospital so let us know. I'm glad she is getting better.
Wow...that is crazy! So glad that she is doing better and we will keep her in our prayers.
Kelli, we were so sorry to hear about your mother. We have never heard of that disease. We pray she will continue to recover. Give her our love.
Scary! It reminds me of how often I take my mom for granted. I have the mind set sometimes that she is invincible. My thoughts are with you, hang in there.
Post a Comment