Sometimes it pays to throw a fit, make a fuss, and make yourself heard!
I recently transferred to a University to finish my degree and they weren't going to transfer five of my El Ed courses that were nearly identical to the one's they offered and I would have to redo them. I am SOOOO close to finishing that the thought of taking five extra classes made me sick! So I did a little research on the classes, wrote a lot of emails, made some phone calls, stomped my feet, and fussed until they re-evaluated all of my classes.
I am not a confrontational person at all so this was out of the box for me, but it paid off! I do have to take one of the classes over, but they let the other four count. Yippee!
Well I'm actually taking a break from studying right now so I'd better get back at it! These U.S. constitution classes rock!
Marcy, we should graduate the same time! (If I pass my classes).
I can't wait to finally been done after being so close for so long.
12 comments:
Way to go Kelli! That is awesome you are so close. And I think the older you get the more you learn that it can't hurt to ask. Looks like you got the job done and don't have to re take all those classes. Which by the way is RIDICULOUS that they would try to make you take those same ones over what a joke! Anywho congrats on the upcoming accomplishment.
GOOD JOB:) nothing wrong with a mini-tantrum! Way to go with school! You Rock :)
Way to stick to it! I am way impressed...and its great to spy on YOUR family...xoxoxo
Good Luck on passing!! I know you have been working on this for ALONG time.. You might have to have like a unbirthday or somthin when ya finish!!! GoOd JoB!!
You go girl!!!!
I threw a tantrum in Walmart not too long ago.....don't EVEN get me started!!! Obviously, I'm still not over it.
Good for you. I love it when I hear people sticking to it. That is awesome. Way to go with administration red tape. You are very cool.
SWEET! I'm glad you didn't just take it sitting down---way to go! That must be the Aland side of you coming out?! You can do it--you're almost done! Keep up the great work!
I am not going to graduate yet though.. I still have to do student teaching but I can't do it next semester because I have no idea where we will be living... Hey if I move to George will you watch my kids for me while I studen teach? haha It wouldnt be very hard... you would only have 3 kids under the age of 2 :)
That is great news. Love seeing your kids grow up.
Tonya
Good for you! I don't like the confrontation stuff either but every once in awhile, you feel totally justified and it pays off. You have been so diligent working on this in all of the 7 years that I've known you...glad you don't have to go backwards!
You tell 'em how it is, girl! I am the same as you: non-confrontational. But occasionally, some kind of switch gets flipped and you just gotta let 'em have it!
Post a Comment