Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mettea turns 5!!!

On her birthday I took cupcakes to her Pre-k class and we had a party there, and then we came home and made bracelets and necklaces. Then we went to Wendy's and got kids meals and ate them at home while watching The Water Horse. (Mettea sobbed for 20 min. when it was over!!!)

Steve came home on Friday so we had the family party and had birthday cake.
(don't look too close, I'm not a professional)




All Mettea got this year was money from us and grandparents so on Saturday we went shopping and this is what she wanted to spend it on...

Yep...miss girly girl got her ears peirced. it took up a big chunk of her money but she was SOOO exited and she just loves them. You can't really tell, but they are diamonds and I'm having her keep them in for six months.

7 comments:

wangie77 said...

How cute! That looks like an awesome cake and a fun birthday!

Wenona said...

Ears pierced....you're such a cool mom. She looks so cute!
The cake is great! I remember those days. My best one was a ninja turtle cake.
Happy Birthday Mattea!

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Way to go on that cake! Did you get the idea from Family Fun? I was just on last night trying to find an EASY cake to make for Ezra's birthday but I also saw the butterfly one. You did great!
Bella just saw the pics and asked why she didn't go to Mettea's birthday party!!! And, she wanted to know if it hurt Mettea to get her ears pierced...

Wendy said...

Mettea is so pretty--that red hair is a knock out on her. So, is that cake made with a butterfly cake pan mold? Do share you secrets--it's really cute.

Hey--why didn't you come to the Twilight book club?!!??! I think the very first time I heard about the book was when I saw you wearing your "meet me in the meadow" t-shirt.

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Wendy, no it's not a cake mold. I just watched a quick video online on how to do it. I made a few changes but it was basically the same.
If you want I can email you the link.

CnLAland said...

Happy Birthday Mettea!!! (sorry it's a little late!) It looks like you had a fabulous birthday...and your ears look gorgeous!! What a lucky girl!!

Haley said...

happy birthday! I was thinking about you the other day, because we had a short layover in Atlanta- man is it humid! sounds like you are having a good time- good luck on your classes, etc.