Thursday, September 11, 2008

Root-beer Chapter 25

Today for Mettea's birthday she wanted to get Wendy's kids meals.  We went through the drive thru and I got four kids meals with root-beer.  On the way home Mettea, (who carries her Book of Mormon EVERYWHERE), opened up her scriptures and started reading out-loud.
Mettea: "Root-beer, chapter 25.  And it says to pass that kids can have root-beer and mom can have Dr. Pepper. and not the kids.   And the kids will get the root-beer with their hamburger."

(birthday pictures to come later :)

14 comments:

BJC said...

very prophetic...she MUST get it from her Mom!

wangie77 said...

Aw how cute, this just goes to show how good kids actually listen to the scriptures, minus a few words here add a few there. HEe Hee

Wenona said...

I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. I love it! This is so precious I'll be telling it over and over to my friends and family.

Tanner Fam said...

Ahhh...she must have found the double-standard works in the scriptures!!! Unfortunately, so have my kids.

Blaine and Tirsa said...

That girl is hilarious! Hope she had a great day.

Trent and Amy said...

Thats awesome! Happy Birthday Mettea! We can't wait to see you next year!!!!

Wendy said...

So funny! I have the same mommy rule, but with Diet Coke , i.e. nectar of the gods.

Unknown said...

That is the funniest thing I have read all day!! Thanks for the good laugh! Your kids are so cute.

Marcy said...

haha that is too funny

Lisa said...

I am SO glad that the scriptures say mom's can have Dr. Pepper I've been feeling pretty guilty about my addiction! Thanks

CnLAland said...

That's my girl! Rootbeer should be in the scriptures!! ;)

Haley said...

Reminds me back when we used to make our own scriptures! lol

matt&meg said...

That is so cute! That cracked me up! thanks for the comic releif!

Emily Weber said...

That's friggin hilarious! That's one smart girl! ha ha! I'm sure the nephites had root beer, and who could live without Dr. Pepper!?