Thursday, March 20, 2008

Life Goals

I have been thinking about some of the things I have been able to check off my list of goals to accomplish before I turn 30 such as; done having kids (most likely), compete in a triathlon (almost), run a marathon/half marathon (never again!). I am only months away and there are some that I won't be able to cross off yet such as finishing my degree, write a book, go on a cruise, travel to Europe (mostly Spain to visit Steve's mission), have lasik eye surgery and maybe braces, ..There are a few others. Well I'm nearing completion of my degree so I decided to just use that as one of my life time goals instead of before 30 goals. Well here are my top 10 life time goals, and I'm tagging all you bloggers to do the same thing so I can read yours!
1. Get a Bachelors Degree
2. Visit every continent and try to go to as many Temples as I can.
3. Be COMPLETELY debt free!!!
4. Write a Novel, not necessarily to try to get it published
5. Learn two languages. Prob. Japanese because I've already studied in in H.S. and in college, and Spanish because its so practical in our society and the places I travel.
6. Work as a teacher for about five years. (maybe when I move to Hawaii :)
7. Have a pretty awesome complete 1 year food storage!
8. Play in an orchestra (I've got a lot of practicing to do)
9. Compete in an athletic event every year
10. Serve as a full time missionary with Steve someday and be with all my kids in the temple. That would be awesome!
OK, I'm sure I'm missing some great ones but these are the one's I can think of right now. I'll be checking blogs for your answers also! DON'T LET ME DOWN. :)

4 comments:

Marcy said...

your goals are real good...

Blaine and Tirsa said...

You are always an inspiration...I know you will meet your goals.

T. Lopez said...

Look at you go Kel! Already able to check off some of your life goals... I'm proud of you!! & I want to hear your marathon story one of these days...

Dustin Davis said...

Hey, what mission did Steve serve in and when?

I'm sure he can help you with your language goal.

Here are my "life goals":
http://www.43things.com/person/xhenxhe

Nothing specific for under 30, because I'm already over that hill!