I'm the one on the far left. :) I have a lot of work to do. ha ha.-Kelli
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Here I go, I need a little help though.
OK, I was really inspired my my Dad the other day. I was talking on the phone with him on his birthday and he was telling me how great he was feeling. He had been running 3 miles a day and eating better and just feeling awesome and losing weight. Well I was so proud of him, but I was not so proud of myself! Ever since the new year I have been terrible with my exercise and I've had no progress AT ALL on my weight loss goal. I have about 20 lbs to go and I mostly just want to get in shape again. So I signed myself up for a Sprint Triathlon. I know some of you out there have done these so I would love some advice. I trained for one once about 5 years ago but was never able to do it so I'm not sure if how I trained was good enough. Those who have done this I need your BEST advice! Thanks so much. If you want to, fly out and join me. Aug. 23rd, Peachtree City! Yeehaw!
I'm the one on the far left. :) I have a lot of work to do. ha ha.-Kelli
I'm the one on the far left. :) I have a lot of work to do. ha ha.-Kelli
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I did a sprint triathlon a few years back. I had a bunch of co-workers that were doing it so I figured it would be a great way to get in shape. I would recommend finding a training buddy. It's the best way to keep yourself on track and accountable.
I've never done anything like that. Got in shape during the police academy but that's because they yelled at us every day. Ha!
No advice here....just wishing you good luck and saying how much I admire you for it.
I will be your training buddy Kelli.. I will come out every weekend and we will train our bums off.. Ha.. I wish.. I wanna have this baby and get on my way to Baby weight loss 101.... Hmmm These are a few of the names I thought of naming our offspring...
*Carter John* (my favorite)
Kelli Anne
Kailton John (not elton john)
wow thats sounds like so much fun. I wish I could do it with you but I'm lazy.
Wow I am impressed! And no I do not hate you. Would love to come along next time. Do you think Carlos would watch the kids for me?
You go, Kelli! We will put that book in the mail this week! I so admire your goals and your drive!
Thanks for the book Blaine. I need all the help I can get and if it helped you I'm sure it will help me also. Kiwi didn't you play water polo? I bet that the swimming part was pretty easy for you. That will be my weak point! Well Wenona, maybe you should come down and yell at me everyday...it just might help! I would love to know what it felt like to go through the police academy.
Hey Kelli--I found your blog and love reading it. I'm jealous you guys went to Hawaii! Ah, the life of non-revs!
Good luck with your triathlon. Julie Thompson trained for one last year--she's especially good at the swimming, if you need any coaching there.
Anyway, happy triathlon training. You go girl!
Hi Wendy! glad you found us. I'll have to check out your blog. I think Julie is going to do it with me! Hopefully. I may have to bribe her.
Hey Kelli- I have done a few of these and here are a few tips:
1) Get a good bike- the first tri I did I had a mtn. bike and I got double lapped by a few people.
2)When you do get a good bike, don't wear the clip in shoes- for a sprint tri it takes too much time in transition to change- but try to get the braces or straps for your running shoes to fit in.
3)Wear a sports bra under your swimsuit.
4)lay out your stuff ahead of time- I forgot a towel my first time and my shorts and shoes stuck- also, untie your shoes when you lay them out
5) get jolly ranchers or some quick sugar to suck on during the run/bike
6) Their are great sites online to give you pointers on form, just be somewhat prepared. One year I did one while I was out of shape- and because I am so competitive- I made myself physically sick for two weeks- good news is I was only 40 secs behind the first person
Well Kelli maybe we're both the same brand of crazy after all! I signed up for the Salem City tri--coming this June! Maybe you should come on out here for mine, then I'll make it to GA for yours, we'll both be pros by then! If nothing else at least train across the country together=)
Post a Comment