Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Trip to Rosy Town

Oh the Joy's of standby...Long story short, after a miserable 6 hours in an airport, not getting on four different flights to SLC, Steve called it a day and was ready to go home. We were trying to visit some family and take the boys out to stay for a couple of weeks and I just couldn't let them down! They were crying and praying all day to get on a flight. They were DYING to go visit grandparents and cousins. The odds were not in our favor and it looked impossible. I told him I would at least try for the rest of the day just for the boys benefit. He took Kaia and Mettea home, pretty sure it was going to be a waste of our time. Well the next flight only had 7 seats avail. and 70 standby. We were number 30, 31, and 32 on the list but by some miracle we made it! Steve was in shock when I called him from inside the plane and I think we were both pretty bummed that they didn't go with us but such is life! I think he had a great weekend with the girls. (Ask him what he used for gravy on his mashed potatoes while I was gone. When he told me, I laughed so hard I fell down!)

We got to visit some Allen and Aland cousins. It's pretty nice when they they live in the same town! These first are at Steve's brother's house.
These two pictures are of Cousins Liam and Lizzie. They have become quite the buddies!

The inseperable duo of Luke and Tathan!

Tate, Hannah, Luke, Lizzie and Liam. I know the boys are going to have a blast with them!


It was so good to see Wade, Kati and the kids. This is the only picture Kati would let me take of her! She's so funny.

Four generation Picture. Liam, Tathan, Me, my Mom and My Grandma
Two of me sista's. Amy and Andy. We went up and checked out Amy's new home renovations. They looked so awesome!!! Nice face Amy. She can't be normal.

Sammy, Hadlee (wouldn't face the camera), Liam, Payden and Tathan. Cody (Kelli's Bro.) thanks for cutting Tathan's hair! it looks awesome and he loves it!

Another one of me Sista's Marcy. Thanks for the ride to the airport. It was fun stuff!
.

On my flight home I sat next to a 66 year old lady named Melody who had me laughing so hard I was crying and everyone kept giving me weird looks. We had a such a good time and it was one of the funniest flights I've ever been on. There are sure some characters in this world

11 comments:

Wade & Kati Allen said...

I know how you got on that flight! Luke was so upset that he might not see Tathan that he said the sweetest prayer. And the next thing we knew you were on your way! You can thank Luke because he has a direct connection to the Lord!!!

matt&meg said...

Looks like so much fun! Your kids are getting ginormous!

Jamie said...

Hey Kelli, thanks for saying hi. I agree this blogging stuff is craziness, but way fun too. Your family is so cute and it looks like you had fun in roosevelt. When I go there it seems soooo different, I just visit family, I really don't know anyone else anymore. Keep in touch. Do you play volleyball anymore?

Diane said...

You sure have pretty girls in your family! I think you and Andy look a lot alike. But that's just based off of pictures so I could be wrong! Im glad you got on a flight and had fun with family!

wangie77 said...

How fun, I'm glad you made it to see your family. Too bad I didn't get to see you! Sounds like you had a good visit

Wenona said...

What a lot of fun. So happy you finally made your flight. Yup, the power of 'little one's' prayers.
Okay, fess up, what did Steve use for gravy?

Haley said...

Way fun! It is fun to see your family.

Blaine and Tirsa said...

I am so glad that your boys made it out there. Looks like everyone had a blast, including you. Pinto beans on mashed potatoes??? Really, Steve?

Tanner Fam said...

Dang girl, could you get any more beautiful?

Kat Rose said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! You are so lucky you have flight benifits!

T. Lopez said...

Awe, so much fun!!! Family is thee best!! Good thing I was out of the country, or you'd be in trouble for not calling me, only 2 hours away.