Friday, February 22, 2008

Paradise beckoned...we answered her call!

Well about three days before Steve's week off, we decided to go to Hawaii. The kids had school off and Steve didn't have to work so off we went! It was sort of our 10 year anniversary trip. When we originally envisioned our 10yr anniv. trip it didn't include four children, but when you don't have babysitters what can you do! I am glad the kids went though. It was so awesome and we all cried when it was time to board that plane and come home. We are currently scheming to make it a permanent residence.

Gotta love the Laie Inn! Cheap and wonderful. Best location ever. We got the same chocolate muffins and awesome Passion Guava drink that we got almost 10 years ago when we went there with Blaine and Rial.

The beautiful Laie temple.
Thank you so much Pehrson! You were an awesome tour guide. He let us borrow surf boards, boogie boards and the view from his deck! He knew the best places to go surf and the best beaches for the kids to play on. He also knew where to find some great sea turtles at night. The kids thought that was amazing. They LOVED hanging out with him. He also babysat for us one night. We had to go all the way to Hawaii to go on a date! We were so glad he was able to hang out with us all week. Tathan is dead set on going to BYU Hawaii he told me. (He wants to be like Pehrson) He can't wait to go back.
"The Point" at Laie. (Haley I went by your old house on the Point and thought of when Angie, Amber and I went and stayed with you! That was such a great time many moons ago!)




Hanging out on Pehrson's deck. AMAZING!











THIS IS HOW WE PLAY!
I wish we didn't have such a terrible camera so I could take some better pictures of Steve surfing. I got a couple of good ones though. I was even able to stand up for the first time ever on Pehrsons longboard. We will leave out certain details like how long I stood up and how big my waves were. Steve had a blast and surfed as much as he could every day. He said it was some of the best waves he'd ridden in years.

Steve surfing at Turtle Bay









Yep this is me! Coming in from a great session (ha ha)...I think Steve forgot how to use the zoom.

15 comments:

BJC said...

LUCKY!!!
So jealous right now. How come you got to be in Hawaii and I got to be cooped up in my house for a week with my ENTIRE family sick???

Jordan and Jodi said...

WOW---great pictures! What a fun way to spend your 10 year, and last minute too! You look really tan, are you sure you weren't there longer? Where the next vacation destination?

Blaine and Tirsa said...

O.K. I am BEYOND jealous right now!!!

Marcy said...

Hmmm... did you post those to make everyone jealous on purpose? That looks like HEAVEN right now compared to the blizzard outside. I'm glad you guys were able to go, sorry I couldnt babysit!

*aNdY* said...

uhm, totally wish i were you!! you guys look like you had alot of fun.. sorry i couldnt babysit either!!

ajensen said...

Im sorry I couldnt babysit...oh wait you didnt ask :)

Well, that is one of my favorite things about you Kel, your spontaneity! Looks SOOO fun. Havent been back since we went--so Hawaii reminds me of you :) how romantic! :)

T. Lopez said...

How much fun!!! I'm glad you got to go, it looks like a blast! It sounds like we're on the same surfing level, too many skills to talk about=)
Oh, Emily want to know who Pehrson is...and I want to know if he'l babysit for us when we go?

Wenona said...

I'm so jealous too. We love Hawaii. Wow! You guys look great! And you had so much fun!!!! Wish I was more spontaneous like you. You guys have such a great marriage and family. Lucky husband & wife. Lucky kids! :)
Happy Anniversary!

Haley said...

How fun!!! it made me miss my old stomping grounds. When we have gone back to visit Garett always asks why I ever left- To marry him of course- I'm not so sure it was an even trade.

Trent and Amy said...

That looked so boring. You should have come to Roosevelt. We just got another 6 inches of snow!

CnLAland said...

Holy cow! I would have TOTALLY babysat for you guys....IF YOU WOULD HAVE TAKEN ME!! ;) I would have been the tag-a-long babysitter! ;) Maybe next time!! haha!

Wright ON said...

How fun!!! We took our Kids to Maui a few years ago and that was our BEST Family Vacation. My kids beg to go back. Person is such a good looking kid, Tell Mary Lou I said Hello,
Danielle

Diane said...

Those are such awesome pictures! Looks like you all had tons of fun, especially the kids. I can't believe the size of those turtles. Crazy!

Hedderg said...

I hate you. For real I do. While I was boxing, packing, sneezing and sniffling you were on the sunny beaches of Hawaii. I am green with envy!!!!!!!!!

Lauren said...

Your family is gorgeous! Seriously!