Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Am I the only one???
Steve took one look at me, looked around the house, shook his head and said "Have some self control woman!" I just burst out laughing. Let me explain. They other day I picked up a book that had been lying around the house and I started to read it. HUGE mistake. Am I the only one that can't stop reading once I have started? Am I the only one that just gets way too involved in the books I am reading until reality gets blurred and everything else gets ignored. When Steve came to me all the kids were whining for lunch or breakfast or dinner...who knew what time it was, and I didn't even notice. The house was a wreck and dishes and laundry were piling up. It had been two days (it's a series) since I'd done anything but read and shove some food in my kids mouths. Steve even had to get after me at 4am to go to bed. (he was concerned because I had a final the next morning. No worries, I still passed.) I don't know why I am like this but once I start, I have to keep going until I am done. This is why I don't read very often. Surely there are others out there like me! We must bond together. I am happy to report that I did finish the books and my home and children have recovered with no permanent damage done. Can anyone relate or am I a nut. Steve you are not allowed to respond.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
when i read, brad will come and introduce himself to me as his husband and then i will get introduced to jordan, austin, garrett...
I am only allowed to read once a year(a rule I gave myself)because my house and family are ignored and it takes a while to get it all back in order. What series is it? Maybe I will break my rule!
what series is it? It has been a good month since I've neglected Conner and Alexis :) That once a year rule is dumb... more like once a month
its one you guys have already read. I'll give you a hint. I pre-ordered the fourth book
SUCH a good series. I did the exact same thing when I read them and also when I read Davinci Code a few years ago. Some books are just TOO good. Plus, its nice to be out of reality for awhile :)
I'm with you Kelli. Put the book down?? I have to have one waiting in the wings before I get to the last chapter of the one I'm reading.
But being older (okay no comments here) but probably not wiser, I have been able to learn to put it down if need be. Still....I have my moments. I do want to know what series you're talking about.
I tell myself that I can read when I get something done. Then I read a chapter (or two or three, or more)before I can do anything else. And sometimes, I just read without doing anything! You are not alone!
Ummm...that's totally the norm...especially with this vampire series! I am already starting to think about making pre-made meals for when the 4th book comes out!!
If I put my current book down I feel Like I am pushing Pause on the BEST movie ever and I cant help but picking it right back up and I carry it around the house.. Yes I am on the 3rd Book of the VAMPIRE SERIES.. YES I LOVE EDWARD
Andy I too love Edward. Really I do. Steve took the news surprisingly well. ha ha. (he thinks we are all nutty) Amy loves Jacob. I like Jacob a lot and I feel bad for him but he's no Edward!
I am the same way! Jeremy says he hates it when I read because he "loses his wife" till I finish! Just out of curiosity, what books were you reading? I'm always on the lookout for a good book. (even though Jeremy hates it!)
Hey Kelly- I just starting Blogging and yesterday I saw tons of old friends who also blog. How are things? My email: jmneeley@juno.com and my blog is http://mcdofamily.blogspot.com/
I just started a few days ago so I am just getting use to all the cool things that can be done. Hope to hear from you soon.
Love
Jodi
You're all nerds.
I LOVED that series as well, and had to borrow it from the YW in my ward, I am too cheap to purchase it myself. Loved it. I could never love an indian, totally racist but after living in the basin--I am ruined for life. LOVED IT. What other good books are out there??
That totally cracked me up. I read the series in a few days while holding Ez in the NICU. I honestly didn't get up for hours at a time...no lunch, no bathroom breaks, just me, my vampire, and my baby.
I actually have a shirt for you, Kelli...now that I know you too are in love with a certain pasty, white, cold hot vampire. But, you'll have to come to Colorado to pick it up on your way back from paradise!
I can't wait for number 4 and especially for the movie. I hope they do it RIGHT!
I am an awful mother when I read. I can totally relate to ignoring the kids, housework, and staying up all hours. In fact I read so much that I can't recollect all the books I've read just this year. Make me stop!
Post a Comment