Thursday, August 16, 2007

Flying Solo!

I did something this week I haven't done for at least 10 years. I went somewhere by myself! I took a mini vacation and went to California to my friends wedding. It was such a nice break. I even got upgraded to First Class. I don't get to do that with kids. After the wedding I got to eat my favorite burrito on my favorite beach. Nice. Thank you Steve for sending me off to have a break and thank you for taking such good care of the kids while I was gone. Best hubbo ever!
This is me cruisin down the road. ALL BY MYSELF!
When I lived in California I was a Laurel advisor at church and I was a whole whopping 5 or 6 years older than they were. I became friends with them and we kept in touch. Three of them were there at the wedding, Jessica (because it was her wedding), Breann and Lauren. It was fun to see them.
Congrats Jessica and Ryan. It was such a beautiful wedding and reception. I'm so glad I got to come. They got married in the LA temple and had their reception in Ojai.
The beautiful Breann as the Maid of Honor. (Breann got married last summer)
Lauren and her new baby. (sorry Lauren, I already forgot her name already. Carly?)
Thank you Thank You Thank you to another great friend the wonderful Wenona for putting me up in her beautiful home and letting me lounge in her awesome pool. Thanks for the first uninterrupted sleep I've had in at least four years.
Don't they just look fabulous. I wonder if I ever looked that good before I became an old married lady with a house full of hooligans. Nah.

Wenona, Pam (mother of Bride) another good friend, and me again. Good time! Great Party!

3 comments:

Tirsa said...

I am sooooo jealous! You ate a Maggies, didn't you??? Well, Bella and I are going to CA in 2 weeks. Maggies here we come!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Yes yes...I had a Maggie's, and I savored every moment with it! I wish we could have been there the same time. I would have stayed longer! It could have been girls on the town!

Wenona said...

It was great having you here. We'll have to swap pictures.