In honor of Elder Y Hermana Allen (AKA Gma Gpa), we had Chile night. We had read an article in the Friend about a girl from Chile, we talked about where Chile was, and we had some authentic Chilean food. I made some empanadas. I verified the recipe I found for authenticity with Tirsa. It was stuffed with beef, onions, raisins, hard boiled eggs, olives and seasonings. I fried some and baked some. We were a little nervous, but we actually loved them, raisins and all.

I didnt think the kids would like them but they gobbled them up.

Even my picky eater Mettea loved them. (yes we all just got out of the pool)

We voted and this recipe is a keeper!
3 comments:
I just want you to know I sat there and stared at the STEKETALIMEKA for like 5 minutes before I figured it out.. Thanks for giving my brain its workout for the day.. ps empanadas sound.... yummy?
Yum-o!! The raisens sound a little strange...but you should totally make them the next time you're out here!! :)
Awesome! I'm so glad your family liked them. You guys are so brave! I just tried a really yummy Chilean recipe for panqueques with manjar that I should pass along to you. It is basically crepes with dulce de leche. Yummers.
Post a Comment