Sunday, August 26, 2007

Behold your little ones...

Well today the Allen family pretty much took over primary. They secretary forgot to give out talk assignments and called me yesterday for help . Mettea said the prayer and scripture, Tathan and Liam gave talks, and of course since my calling is primary pianist (seriously, what where they thinking!) I was walking back and forth from the little podium to the piano. Mettea also gave a talk last Sunday. Kaia just crawled all over the primary room providing entertainment as usual. She gets passed from teacher to teacher while I play. (Steve doesn't have Sundays off yet...probably will be able to next month though) I don't always love my calling and but today I really felt the spirit so strongly through the primary kids. They sang their hearts out, a very rare occasion, and we have such a huge primary that their voices just filled the whole church and I was moved to tears. I was pretty proud of our kids also. They did a great job. I thought I would post their little talks because they helped me write them.

DAUGHTERS OF A KING!




Mettea's from Last Sunday:
(all the kids kept laughing because she was sooooo loud. She actually has no volume control, but it was cute. She loved the reaction)"One night I was scared to go to bed. My room was really dark and I was by myself. My mom turned on my night light and pointed to the picture of Jesus on the wall. She said he was watching over me and that Mom and Dad were watching over me and that they were right next door. Mom said I should think about good things like how much Jesus loved me. She said we should say a prayer and ask the Holy Ghost to make me feel better and to not be scared. We said a prayer and my mom stayed in the room a few more minutes, then I went to sleep. The next morning I told my mom Jesus and the Holy Ghost helped me to not be scared. When we have faith, the Holy Ghost will help us and let us know that Jesus loves us."

THE ARMY OF GOD!


Liam's talk:
What is a Testimony?
A testimony is the knowledge given to us that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real and that they love us, that the prophets speak in their name, that the scriptures really are the Word of God, that priesthood is the power and authority of God, athat the church is true and that Joseph Smith restored it.
How can I gain a testimony?
When I pray, read scriptures, and do whats right then Heavenly Father will give me a testimony through the Holy Ghost. We can pray and the Holy Ghost will let us know the truth of all things.
The Song "The Holy Ghost" says: When Christ was on the Earth, he promised he would send, the Holy Ghost to comfort us our true eternal friend. The Holy Spirit whispers with a still small voice. He testifies of Jesus Christ and makes our heart rejoice.
I have a testimony that Heavenly Father and Jesus love me and I will try to always choose the right and listen to the Holy Ghost.


Tathan's Talk: (I guess you can tell what the theme was)
Last year for Christmas I got a really cool remote control Vokswagon bus. When my grandma came to visit I wanted to show it to her but I coudln't find it anywhere. I had lost it and I couldn't remember where I had it last. I looked all over the whole house. My grandma said maybe we should say a prayer and ask Heavenly father for help. We went into my room and said a prayer but I still didn't know where it was. My Grandma said perhaps we needed to be still and maybe the Holy Ghost will help me remember where I put it. I sat still for a while and suddenly rememberd I had put it in a box downstairs. I went dowsntairs and found it. My mom asked me what I was doing and I told her. She and grandma were very proud of me that I had the faith to know Heavenly Father answers our prayers. Mom told me I should remember to say a prayer to thank Heavenly Father for sending the Holy Ghost to guide me. I know that if we have faith the Holy Ghost will let us know that Heavenly Father and Jesus love us and our testimony will grow.

3 comments:

Tirsa said...

Loved reading your kids cute talks. I can't wait for Bella's first. I love the drive home after church because Bella always talks about things and she is always so happy and full of the spirit. Today she kept saying, "Jesus loves me". And then she would include others and say, "Jesus loves you, Mom. And Daddy. And me." Isn't it awesome how our little ones know with out a doubt that Jesus loves them!

CnLAland said...

Could those kids and talks get any cuter!?! Holy cow...they all look so grown up!! I wish I was still in primary...it's the BEST place to be!! :)

ajensen said...

Loved it! What a cool experience. You are both really good parents!