Wednesday, July 13, 2011

oh where do I begin!

Is it possible to be in love with a country??? In October, 2010 Steve and I flew to Italy for a week to stay with Jaime and Brad in Florence (Firenze) and tour as much of Italy as we could. Grandpa and Grandma Aland were also there which was pretty awesome. I was smitten from the beginning! It was beautiful, romantic, ancient, peaceful and seriously just awesome.
The Duomo in Florence. Spectacular!



More of Florence







We decided to climb to the top of the Duomo with Brad and his boys
Pictures could never do this view justice. Beautiful!




Pisa...


Cinque Terre took my breath away! In a word...Glorious.

There is a path along the cliffs that connects the small towns in Cinque Terre and it is like a lovers stroll...


They have places to put a lock. If you and your true love put a lock on here together, your love will last forever....true story!







I really thought Steve was going to jump...that's him on top of that cliff.

Me, Steve, Brad and My mom all went swimming. It was FRIGID but I just HAD to be able to say I have been swimming in the Mediterranean. We sure weren't in the water for very long :)

Ahhh Gelato....Thank you Italy for your amazing food and gelato and the ten extra pounds I needed to run off. Well worth it!




This duck had a mohawk...how cool is he!



climbing yet another tower for another sweet view.


Volterra...a perfectly medieval town!




Yet another amazingly delicious italian meal...
yes, Im a poser too





When in Rome...






double full moon
please don't say its over!

No comments: