Monday, February 2, 2009

Steve stuck in Dayton

Steve took these in Dayton, OH.
He got stuck in a storm in Dayton the other day. They almost diverted him to another airport, but instead they finally let them land, which they really shouldn't have! You couldn't see the runway or the taxiway. I guess it was pretty bad and the planes had to de-ice several times before they were able to take off, and a lot of the trucks ran out of the fluid to de-ice the planes. He was there pretty much all day but finally made it home.
this is his plane totally covered in ice


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO, I guess the pity party I throw for myself when Aaron is late is trumped...ha!

Glad he made it home safe!

Cami said...

The snow and ice is bad enough on ground! I can't imagine it in the air.

Angie said...

Wow Kelli that is crazy!

Kat Rose said...

That sucks!!

CnLAland said...

Scary stuff! Glad he's an awesome pilot!

Trent and Amy said...

that would scare me to death!

Wenona said...

Oh my gosh. That's amazing. Like the other's said, I'm glad he's a great pilot and safe.