Tuesday, December 4, 2007

27 days to skinny

(well...skinnier anyway)
THE CHALLENGE: Amy and I made a stupid pact. We both decided to take hideously ugly pictures of each other when she was here in GA the end of October. Then we challenged each other to lose 15 lbs by December 31st and whoever didn't reach that goal got to be mocked by the entire blogging world as the other person gets to publish the aforementioned photo on their blogsite. I called Amy today and she is stuck at 6lbs with 9 to go. I think she mentioned taking up anorexia temporarily. Desperate times and what not. I was off to a running start...literally. I BEGGED Steve to be my personal trainer. I have been asking him to do it for 10 years and now I know why he has always refused. I was ready to kill him after 1 hour. I will forever be haunted with phrases like stop whining and give me ten more, and come on 10 more minutes, one more lap, increase your speed, increase your incline, increase the resistance, add some more weight on there.....well, it worked because I dropped 10 lbs in two weeks but I had to fire him to save the marriage. He was ready to quit anyway. He told me he would only do it for two weeks. He was good though! I know why they loved him when he worked at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa. Anyway...I still have 5 lbs more to go and I need some good tips all you work out fanatics....I'm already watching the whole nutrition thing and I have a daily date with the exercise room but these last pounds are stubborn!!!

6 comments:

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Wow... I am IMPRESSED! Especially because you are doing it during the HOLIDAYS!!! That is awesome. My only advice is to watch the Biggest Loser. It is always so inspiring and I always feel like working out after I watch it, even though I usually watch it eating a milk shake or something. Go figure!?!

Marcy said...

you could always surgically remove the extra pounds... haha umm seriously though, have you seen my tushy? I can give you great advice on how to GAIN weight :)

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

surgery...hmmmm...I'll think about it Marcy! Thanks for the very practical and helpful advice. Of course we have seen THAT tushy! whatever...last time I saw you you were still skinny minny cept the belly and that was only a couple months ago.

ajensen said...

to skinny....you already are. give it up! :) I hope you both post pics I want to see them :).

Try turbo jam, that stuff is so great.

T. Lopez said...

How can you loose it if its not there to be lost? =) I agree with Amber, turbo-jam is great! & fun, too. Good luck!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

So I guess I need to watch biggest loser, eat a milk shake, shake it to Turbo Jam and then get an appt with a plastic surgeon. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!