Friday, April 9, 2010
Kitchen and Bathroom projects
These pics are just for family who requested to see what Steve has been up to. Eventually every room in the house will get some sort of a face-lift or transformation but for now it is the kitchen and bathrooms. Steve is not done with the master bathroom so for now I will just post what he has finished. In the kitchen he added recessed lighting, tiled the counter-tops with granite tiles, tiled the back-splash, put in a new sink and faucet and moved the fridge to where the small pantry was. I may eventually re-stain the cabinets to a darker color, but I just don't have the time right now and we are still undecided. I still don't have any rugs down or decorations but that is where we will bring in some bright colors.


There used to be an island in the middle of the kitchen but we moved it to add more space. The fridge used to be in the area where that stool is but it blocked a lot of natural light from the windows and so we permanently added the island to where the fridge used to be and it extended our counters by about 3 1/2 feet or more. Steve took down the pantry doors and fixed it so it would fit our fridge. Our new pantry is much bigger and is behind those double doors you can see in the hall in this pic. I don't have any before pics but our kitchen now is much brighter and it feels double the size by moving things around.
He did a fantastic job on all the tiling of the back-splash and counter-top.
The downstairs bathroom and kids bathroom got a mini-face lift by getting new counter tops, new sinks and faucets and new tiled back splash. I wish I had pictures of the before because they were cheap, ugly and plastic! I can't believe the difference a few small changes can make.
In the kids bathroom he also tiled the floor. It was previously linoleum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
It all looks sooooo awesome. That is really cool that Steve could do all of that himself. Maybe we can hire him to come help Blaine with some of our projects if we end up staying here!
I love it all. I really can't wait to start doing some home improvement projects. I just wish our house would sell soon!
WOW--everything looks SOOO great! I wish you had before pictures to share. Your family (Alands, at least) are all so crafty...I'm a Neeley so we didn't come with that craftiness, darnet! I'll have to hire you and your family to do my house in about 15 years when we have one! I love the new look!
That looks wonderful!!! He did a really good job.
Looks fantastic...now, send him our way.
Looks great! Congrats!!
It looks awesome Kelli! Way to go Steve!
B E A utiful... WAY TO GO STEVE...
Wow! It looks great! He's got a real talent for tile apparently! :) Jeremy and I put tile in a house a long time ago, and I swear I'll NEVER do it again! It's SO much work! I gotta give Steve props for doing all that cause I know how hard it is! We're excited to see you guys next week! :)
Love love love it! You guys are doing a great job! I'm a home improv. lover myself and this is making me itch to do more! :o)
Post a Comment