Abby, Melissa, Kenzie and Ken. Such an awesome family!
Thursday, August 18, 2011
I will remember this day!
This baptism was responsible for totally wiping me out emotionally and causing me to get completely dehydrated. Only because I cried and cried through the whole thing. I could barely get through saying the closing prayer. This was all Melissa's fault of course! One of my good friends, Melissa Coe, and her daughter Abby joined our church. Melissa is truly inspiring and probably knows more about the church than I do! She also has an amazing story and testimony. I was honored to be part of the night. As soon as I got to the church and saw her in her white dress we hugged and both broke down. She had avoided me for a while for that very reason! Months ago she had come through the temple open house with me and at the end she said to me "You don't know what you have!" (and we cried) And then she bore her testimony to me of Jesus Christ. In that moment I knew that I probably did take for granted all of the blessings that come from being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I kind of knew that she was on the path to realizing those blessings as well. I hadn't seen Melissa for most of the summer so when a mutual friend informed me that she had taken the discussions and was going to get baptized, my heart leapt! I was so excited for their family.
Abby, Melissa, Kenzie and Ken. Such an awesome family!
I SEE YOU ELDER HINKLEY! The Coe family with the sister missionaries who taught them.
Abby, Melissa, Kenzie and Ken. Such an awesome family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment