So we decided to give the "family campout" another shot and also get in a beach trip before school so we drove down to Tybee Island. When we got there everything was wonderful and dry and we set up tents and then had a few hours of beach play. Out of nowhere came a downpore, as often happens in GA, and our campsite was over 6 inches underwater. Our tents were surprisingly dry on the inside but we decided to move to another spot. This pic was taken the next day after at our original spot after most of the water had drained out.

This is the second reason we moved sites! This little critter was as big as my hand!

Letting our towels dry

Our second campsite.

Wakey Wakey!!!

Kids tent

Our tent. Steve was reading the last Harry Potter book the whole time. I fell asleep and he was still reading with his flashlight! He only stopped because the bulb went out.

I got up and went for a walk on the beach early with Kaia and Mettea




Lil Poser


Ready for a fun beach day!

I really wish my camera battery hadn't died because Tathan spent most of the day surfing and caught his first wave completely solo with no help. I couldn't believe how well he was surfing. Holy Canole was Dad proud!!! Wish I could have gotten some pics or video. I also wanted to get pictures of the jelly fish we saw. Four of the six of us were stung by jelly fish this trip. We had never even seen one in all of our previous trips. But despite the spiders, mosquitoes, rain, and jellyfish, it was still a pretty fun trip. Plus we ate at one of our fave pizza places, Cousin Vinnie's.MMMMMMM
5 comments:
Looks like a fun trip.
Fun Kelli those are the best memories for the kids!
This looks like SO MUCH fun. What a good looking family you have. Enjoy.
What a FUN trip! Camping even--I've never tried that at the beach, but it'd be fun. Glad you found higher ground.
Love the beach pictures.
Post a Comment